Ruzz Guitar – Guitar/Vocals
Joe Allen – Bass
Mike Hoddinott – Drums
Rachel Hutchinson – Sax
Sean Mcbride – Sax
Paul Field – Trumpet
Paul Quinn – Piano
Home: Bristol, United Kingdom
Record Label: Rhythm Bomb Records
Musicstyle: Blues, Rhythm and Blues
‘Ruzz Guitar’s Blues Revue’ – A powerful, Soul injected Blues/R’n’B/Rock’n’Roll band hailing from Bristol UK and lead by Gretsch endorsed guitarist Ruzz Guitar. After taking inspiration from many great guitarists such as Wilko Johnson, Brian Setzer, Jim Heath and Jimmie Vaughan, Ruzz has developed what he has learnt into his own style which is quickly becoming recognized around the globe.
After a few years of playing with multiple Blues and Rockabilly band’s from Bristol and Bath and playing all over the UK and Europe, Ruzz decided to put together this Blues/R’n’B/Rock’n’Roll band to showcase his unique, multi-genre guitar playing and song writing. Joining forces with drummer Mike Hoddinott and upright bassist Joe Allen from Bristol, they come together to create the unique sound that is “Ruzz Guitar’s Blues Revue”. In April 2016 they added the three piece horn to the line-up, creating the bigger sound of Ruzz Guitar’s Blues Revue with the creation of “The Big Band”. 2018 sees the release of the first “Big Band” album entitled ‘The Heist’.
Since the band started in 2014 they have been going from strength to strength.
– They have opened for many well-known artists such as Dr Feelgood, Kirk Fletcher (The Fabulous Thunderbirds/Joe Bonamassa/Solo), The BlockHeads (Ian Dury & The Blockheads), Bill Kirchen and Darrel Higham (Imelda May/Jeff Beck/Solo)
– They have self-released two albums which have both amassed multiple plays on multiple independent and internet radio stations around the globe including “Hank’s Americana Radio” and 90.1 FM KPFT “Howlin’ The Blues” broadcasting out of Houston Texas, BBC Radio Wales during Adam Walton’s “BBC Introducing” Show broadcasting from the UK and Banks Radio Australia to name a few.
– The last album release (“Burn Out” – November 2016) features special guest Pete Gage (The Jet Harris Band/Dr Feelgood/Solo).
– They have played all over the UK and had very successful tours of Europe (July 2015) and the USA (April 2017 & January/ May 2018) which have led to plans for future tours.
– Ruzz has also been honoured by being officially endorsed by Gretsch Guitars (September 2016). In March 2017, he was made the “Featured Guitarist” on the official website for Gretsch Guitars (www.gretsch.com)
Ruzz Guitars Blues Revue comes out smokin' with 10 great blues and rockabilly tracks that we can't stop playing. This three piece band is tearing it up on the air waves for all of us over here in the USA"
- Hanks Americana Radio Houston, Texas (USA)
That young man can pick! He tears it up like a pro and plays way beyond his years!!"
-Paul Pigat (Cousin Harley)
"Ruzz Guitar is a joy to see and keeps this beautiful roots music alive and well"
- Kirk Fletcher (The Fabulous Thunderbirds/Joe Bonamassa/Solo Band)
"When I've seen Ruzz play live, what's great is that it’s obvious he has his influences, but he never just copies, he has his own style and you can guarantee it'll get your attention"
- Johnny Hop (UK Rock)
"The quickest, slickest and sickest set of Rock N Roll fingers in the West (and beyond)! A true master of his art without any ego and a pleasure to work with"
- James Maggs (Lindo Guitars)
"One of the best kept secrets on the local scene – rockabilly big band blues delivered with attitude and passion (and now sponsored by Gretsch, well done fella)"
- Jonathon Kardasz (Bristol 24/7http://www.bristol247.com/)